https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Thursday 11 February 2010

A Birthday card

This card is for a friend who is turning Sixty this year, and I didn’t want to do the usual plastering her age on it as I thought she may get quite a few of those, the image is another Lili of the valley that I managed to get at the craft show show the other weekend, believe me they were selling out like hot cakes,

I’m entering this for the following challenges,

LaLaLandscrafts~ no DP, Paperplay~ Birthday for someone special, Dutch Dare~ Summer in Winter,P1010749

Items Used;

Distress inks,

Lili of the valley stamp,

Stickles~ crystal,Star dust,

Flowers~Papermania, ribbon ~ stash,

MS~ Butterfly punch,

P1010750

I’ve edged the Nestie oval with the stickles as I didn’t want to back it with anything, and highlighted the butterfly antenna and flower centre,

I’ve also changed my blog background, let me know what you think,

Not long to the new challenge OSAAT, starts on Sunday in case you missed it, hope to see you there,

Have a good day, hugs Liz xx

21 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Liz this is gorgeous love teddies & he is so cute fab colouring great colour combo love it.

Hugs Christine xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, firstly sorry for missing some of your post,s...I have had my head down trying to make card's for the DT's I recently joined, just need more hour's in the day now...

Really love your new background...very elegant...I tried a few week's back but left it in the end as I was worried I would loss stuff.

Your card's gorgeous... looks fab with the yellow paper and flower's...
I hae that little imaged coloured ready for a card, I coloured the flower in lilac...just need to finish it now..

Just seen my blog pic in your side bar, can I ask how you do that in the gadget section, I tried that too, wish I were more computer savy...

Great card Liz...lovely colouring
x
Vicky

Jeanet van der Lee said...

What a great card is this!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is wonderful and I agree, sometimes you just don't want your age plastered over everything :D

Kristine said...

Super CUTE! Love your shape of your card and matting, and this bear with flower is adorable *Ü* Thanks for entering our LaLa Land Challenge!!

Julie M said...

That is so cute, Liz. Love that image - just makes me go "aaaaaawwwww". Interesting shape card too - is that a Nestie?? And I love the glittered centre of the flower - very summery.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

cheryl said...

oh liz hunny this is a beauty love that image,and your coluring is great love the added sparkle too love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Marley said...

Stunning card!! I love how you coloured the image; it looks soooo sweet! The design paper is beautifull too.. hugs Marley

Deirdre said...

Aahhh, stunning.... just amazing - love the image, adore your colouring. Just simply beautiful. Bet your friend will love it.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week.

Elena said...

What a darling card! I really like the sparkles you added!
Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land!

Chris Arlington said...

Beautiful, I love your embellishment and colors

Liz said...

Hello Liz Tail end Sally here My age sure is telling I LOVE your card love the sparkle hun majic

Liz xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Liz this is perfection in the shape of a card that image and your colouring is awesome I just adore how you have used the stickles I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

stitchy said...

Liz what a fantastic card for a 60th birthday, your coloring and sparkles are superb...good luck on your draws, I wish you the best..
hugz
stitchy xx

Marcea said...

gorgeous card full of such gorgeous details!! I really really do like this so very much
-x-

Anonymous said...

so lovely and charming! love your card design! Someday I'm going to find that flourish punch, it's really nice w/the ovals! tfs!
Thanks for joining us in Lisa's challenge at lala land crafts!
Pam Going Postal

Anonymous said...

just popped back to say Thank you for your help, I will have a try and see if I can do it without messing up..lol.

Thank you...
x
Vicky

Kate said...

Aah so pretty! Love the card . Thanks for joining in with this weeks Paperplay Challenges!

Spyder said...

I love love love this little bear!! I want him!!!! (stamp my foot and scream!) Lovely card Liz, just toooo cute
(Lyn)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh so sweet! Love the sparklies!

Irina Blount said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Weekly Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina