https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 18 August 2012

Swan lake

Hi guys, I've done another something different for me lol
no stamping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always used to be doing parchment craft years ago, had most of the tools and everything, well the other day I thought I'll do a swan again and of course I  had got rid of my tools hadn't I,
so I improvised!!!!!!
the swan is traced and I used white crayon instead of the white ink, then I just embossed it with a ball tool which should have been larger but made do with a medium one,
coloured the back with the same white pencil for shadow then cut the swan and separate wings out,
these I then embossed again on the edges and on the swan in the middle,

After cutting all the edges of the leaves I used my ball tool to add shape again and layered the wings on using pinflair glue,

sideways views

I have plans to do another shortly a little different so may do a little tutorial if you'd be interested lol,
I made an easel card using a gorgeous new Marianne die that I'd seen and just couldn't resist he he,
and too finish it off used the sprig effect from the same  set of dies and used a Marianne flower die for the flowers in two sizes,
the butterflies are Marianne too,
I must admit I've had a lot of these Marianne dies a long time and not really used them as I find  some of them hard to leave the dies, but I've since found out if I put a layer of greaseproof  baking paper in front of the card and run my dies through the machine a couple of times it helps lol, also embossing the die really works too,


sorry for the overload on pictures again, the gorgeous pearls I used we're from
 The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop

Challenges 
Marianne Design Divas ~ anything with a summery feel
Bunny Zoes ~ Summer
Simon says stamp ~ Animal antics
A gem of a challenge ~ animals or teddies


will check later for any more and help welcome lol,
Happy Crafting,
Hugs Liz xx

20 comments:

Marjan said...

What a lovely swan you've made !!
I also did parchment craft many years ago. Your swan is so gorgeous, the feathers look so real !! Especially on the third picture.

Hugs, Marjan

Janette said...

Morning Liz, you know sometimes your way to clever...lol....This is stunning and well done to, show us the tute I would love to see.xx

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card. Nice done with the swan.

Hugs AStrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.nl/

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Liz, very different for you but still as beautiful and wow the swan is just lovely
Hugs Kate xx

Sara said...

Wow this is stunning, I haven`t picked up my parchment tools in years, this makes me want to get them out again, the feathers on the swan are amazing, really beautiful card, hugs Sara xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is absolutely stunning hugs Ginny ♥

Christine said...

Stunning creation Liz.. I still have my parchment craft tools, you have made a beautiful swan & this die shape is gorgeous with the dark BG stunning sweet flowers too.

smiles Christine x

Nicola said...

Wow your parchment work is awesome Liz, the feathers look so real. Love the dies you have used and thanks for the tip re baking parchment as I have just bought some dies that are devils to get out of the frame. Beautiful creation, I love it.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Exclusively by Mel said...

WOW!! what a stunning card, I love the Swan! it looks so real! so clever lovely,
have a great weekend, love,melly. xxx

Debbie said...

Really beautiful card Liz.So elegant.You're a crafty lady of many talents.Hope you're okay.Have a lovely weekend.Hugs Debbie x

Wishcraft said...

Oh Liz, your swan is beautiful! So clever! Gorgeous card too, love the shape :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Jacqui P said...

Oh my goodness! you would have laughed if you could see me with my nose pressed up to the computer screen trying to believe the feathers weren't real!! Lol! just gorgeous hun and sooo elegant!
hugs
Jacqui xx

Rom-a said...

rewelacja

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Hi Liz...this is truly beautiful. I love everything about this card from the colour choice to how you have used the Marianne Design oval shape as the base card. Fantastic! Thank you for entering the Marianne Design Divas challenge this month. Regards, Suzanne DT,

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

karalschuknecht said...

I popped over from The Simon Says site for a closer look at your beautiful card. Wow

cheiron said...

WOW...your swan is simply stunning! Thanks for playing along with the Animal Antics Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Blankina said...

Hi, this is simply beautiful and so romantic Lis...These dies of MD are super sophisticated and your swan looks so real,
Thanks for joining the MDD challenge,
new MDD DT Blankina

Christine said...

Hi Liz am back in my DT capacity thanks for sharing your stunning Swan creation lovely take on the Animal chall theme.

Thanks for sharing with us at AGOAC this time.

smiles Christine x

Mina said...

wow Liz that swan is amazing, it looks so real it could just swim off...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx